AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jury Duty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

greenejd
Posted 10/20/2018 19:58 (#7056852)
Subject: Jury Duty

South Bend, IN
Hello all, got a summons to report for jury duty this coming Wednesday. First off I’ll say I’ve sat on a jury once before and really enjoyed the experience. It was a 2 day trial with a guilty verdict. That being said, the weather here has been miserable lately for cutting beans and the forecast for this coming week looks excellent to try and finish the beans and then be able to get back on corn. So my question is has anyone been successful calling ahead of time and pleading their case? I would gladly do it anytime of the year other than planting and harvest. I’m a one man band so nothing gets harvested if I’m not here. I know someone who called once and the bailiff told him tough you are no more important than anyone else. While I certainly don’t mean to imply I am more important than anyone else because I am not, my circumstances do seem a little different than someone called who works at a place with many ppl where it might be easier to cover for one missing person. I guess I could show up that morning and claim to be racist or something but would rather just be up front and tell the truth and gladly do it at a different time of the year. Thanks for reading. Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)