AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever been harassed by city worker/s while visiting cemetery?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 10/20/2018 21:00 (#7056983 - in reply to #7056840)
Subject: RE: Ever been harassed by city worker/s while visiting cemetery?

linsal - 10/20/2018 06:50

Pigpiggy - 10/20/2018 17:23

Yes, I’m well aware of all the other bad stuff that goes on. That does happen, unfortunately.

But consider that I had already been in contact with management prior to all this crap. They knew my name and phone number. And it was to obtain permission for certain activities, which I was given the all clear to do, but it wasn’t anywhere near a cemetery and totally unrelated. I would call each time and make sure their laws or ordinances hadn’t changed before I proceeded. This history does show me to be a concerned citizen, who is law abiding and wants to do things right and respectfully. He remembered my phone calls later when the trouble escalated. The employee was found to be in the wrong and was punished.

High ranking folks in law enforcement elsewhere were notified of just what all was going on should something happen to me. It’s sad when you’ve done absolutely nothing wrong and are there to visit loved ones and then it turns into a situation where you are rightfully concerned for your own safety because of an out of control employee and his coworkers who are out for revenge. It ceased to be about city property once it escalated further. I let management know again and again and again that it continued to occur. He knows who I am and has apologized before about it all. Yet it has continued.

Based on what you have shared, I would suggest that your next step is to asked to be placed on the agenda of the city cemetery board. More information about when they meet at the link:

B

http://www.waxahachie.com/government/boards_and_commissions/index.p...

I would suggest not get mad or upset when it is your turn to speak. State the facts. Let them know what is going on and what you have done. And that you are going to continue to see that the situtaiton is remedied to your satisfaction. Squeaky wheels get the grease. Let the city administrator squirm. Make sure that the city cemetery board knows you will be asking to be placed on the full city council agenda should they not deal with the situation. I suspect you will only have to talk for about a minute (if that).

Bingo! Looks like they have a meeting where the city cemetery board goes before the county council. Get in front of a group of elected officials and tighten the screw a little. I'm not a politician but a former boss of mine has gone from county councilman to one of three county commissioners now. Different county and state but still, he is pretty sensitive to public pressure about things that happen on his watch. Remember, reelection is the name of the game for most officials. Be kind but firm. And like linsal says, keep it brief and too the point but make sure they understand this can be advanced into the legal realm, it is their choice to do the right thing from here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)