AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White tail buck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 10/19/2018 10:02 (#7054701 - in reply to #7053814)
Subject: RE: White tail buck

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

While I do agree with Boone on some accounts, and Ill disagree on some. What I cant stand is the guy who shoots a spike at 8am on opening morning because "I just wanted some meat". Thats why Im glad that in my area, theyve pretty much went away from the "buck only" tags and went to "either ors" and lately weve been getting a bonus doe tag, but that can be filled before or after your main tag.  

A "Trophy" means different things to different people, and areas. That might be a huge deer for North Carolina, but its "ehhh" in Iowa, not sure what eastern Colorado is like on whitetail but in NE the farther west you go the smaller the whitetail get. It might be the biggest deer the guy has ever shot, maybe he doesnt get to hunt much, its hard to judge someone.  

I pass on alot of bucks that some would shoot, but when I first started hunting we shot any deer that we could get a decent shot, because there werent many and we ate tag soup alot, and that wasnt all that long ago, I started hunting when I was 12 and Im 30 now. In our area a 150" deer is pretty darn nice, some will get bigger but Id say alot are in that 130-150 range. But our rifle season keeps alot of them from getting bigger. Its hard to change everyones attitude. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)