AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White tail buck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/19/2018 07:22 (#7054434 - in reply to #7054366)
Subject: RE: White tail buck

NC, I can somewhat see your point. The problem is to many guys just cannot age deer. My question to you is, and I’m not being critical at all, cuz I was you twenty years ago, is can you change your own mindset to where you can develop the patience and discipline to pass on antlered deer that need more time to develop? Need venison for the freezer, shoot a doe. Is it really that hard to shoot a doe in your area? And in regards to your question about who goes to the bar after the hunt,by far the majority of deer hunters in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. And as good as we manage our property, we don’t have 180” deer standing behind every tree. What I can assure is this; Unless we get extremely lucky, which does happen every once in awhile, when we do finally shoot a nice buck, it’s cuz we let many, many immature bucks walk. All of them. Two years ago I actually never shot a buck, and that included archery season, first and second shotgun season, and late muzzleloader season. And was proud of myself for passing on dozens of opportunities, just not the right one.I just ask you to challenge yourself to do better. Do you apply this same mindset to your farming operation? Again, I don’t know you at all, but I’m guessing not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)