AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with father in law
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/12/2018 20:34 (#7043538 - in reply to #7042306)
Subject: RE: Farming with father in law

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Chances are those higher maintenance customers are a drag on his business anyway. I know I've never missed any of the ones I've gotten rid of, and since I've realized that, I've gotten rid of some more. I know, business is business, but not all of it is profitable. Even if it is profitable on paper sometimes being a PIA is hard to quantify. I know the last few years have been more profitable than ever and I'm a whole lot happier...

I will also say that not all partnerships are bad, I've been a part of some that were good for everyone, but they outlived out their usefulness. The hard part is recognizing that ending on good terms, which mine also did. Still part of one that isn't ag related that is good. I guess it is ag related, but just in a land ownership aspect, and I look for it to pay dividends when I'm dead and gone because of the long term nature of that one.

As was mentioned earlier, having the entry and exit terms spelled out ahead of time makes all the difference in the world. Also, things change so having a once a year sit down is a requirement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)