AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with a Flowing Well and Tank Overflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmerkj
Posted 8/2/2018 22:16 (#6908169 - in reply to #6905124)
Subject: RE: Help with a Flowing Well and Tank Overflow

Central Wi
We have several flowing wells on our farm. The one by the barn is a 2" pipe and I remember my grandpa saying the water hit the eve when they reduced it to a 1 1/4". It flows into a tank in the barn. Goes under the wall and 50' into the cowyard and has enough pressure to fill that tank and a smaller one a few feet away. Never have issues with them freezing. We use old bulk tanks that have the big covers that come off. They are insulated and we run the water in one end and the pipe out in the other end to keep some movement in the water. As far as reducing it I would think that's fine. Should give you more pressure. We push one 2" into a 1" and it allowed us to get the water tank a few feet higher away from the creek. I would bury 6" solid pipe for overflow to the pond. We had one pasture well ran into drain tile and roots got in and plugged it up. The only time we've had water issues here is the only shallow well pump we have. Couldn't get flow in our newest lot and have to pump it. Water came up to ground level but wouldn't flow. We have pretty heavy clay here. I know 2 of our wells only have a 10' piece of pipe pushed in the ground with an elbow on top. Drill a 2.5" hole. Pull drill pipe out and let it flow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)