AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

clay all over, badger , dko
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SDnotiller
Posted 7/7/2018 20:36 (#6856072 - in reply to #6855994)
Subject: RE: clay all over, badger , dko

Central South Dakota
Illinois Steve - 7/7/2018 19:53

Okay so let me ask you this. What is it specifically that you think has caused the lion's share of the price drop in corn and beans? Honestly carryout has been growing in beans for a few years now and prices keeps going up. Before the talk of tariffs came up I didn't hear the Trump worshippers warning all of us that this market was severely overbought and due for a correction. In fact a couple of them have been beating the bull drum for the last couple of years. If the tariffs are not to blame directly for at least some of the market sell off where were these guys six months ago warning all of us of the impending sell off? You can't have it both ways guys. I am more than willing to accept that there is a seasonal decline in the markets around and leading up to July 4th. That I don't think can be argued. But for you or anyone else to sit there with a straight face and tell me the Trump's trade war is in not in any way directly responsible for a lot of this downturn is total BS. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it is raining.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say it had nothing to do with it, I said no one truly knows why. Do we ever actually know why the market does what it does. I would wager that not until the following year do you really know why. My point is you guys swear it's the tariffs, some of the rest of us say that they just needed an excuse to move the market and that was it. They make money going both ways, they just need a reason so it looks legit. Don't stand there with a straight face and tell me without a doubt, it's trumps fault. You don't KNOW that either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)