AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Above average GDD's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Hawkfarm99
Posted 7/2/2018 17:50 (#6846723 - in reply to #6846293)
Subject: RE: Above average GDD's

Dave Cen.Ia - 7/2/2018 13:32

As stated, I think most of us assume the weather pattern will continue. Based on forecasts, it appears the it will but that's a guess. Also, accelerated growth will put corn in most of the corn belt in a different than normal grain fill period. There is often a lot of extra yield (or not) determined here in late August / early September. If that period is forced into a full August period or even July / August time frame, temps just naturally trend warmer then based on average circumstances. I know there's a lot of "if's" in there but it could at least bear watching.

The movement of grain fill up a few weeks, as you discuss here, is certainly of note. Looking at my corn in Central Iowa (that of course which is not flooded out at this point) I am fully tassled and pollen is flying--things I have never seen in 30 years of observation before the fourth of July. So my corn, and that of many of my neighbours, will be entering grain fill in a week or two--typically the hottest time of the year. So yes, I am with you, this bears watching.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)