AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Public Library Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/2/2018 13:57 (#6791420 - in reply to #6791409)
Subject: RE: Public Library Question

southern MN
A long time ago, I went to a country school house right across the road from the farm in county A.

That school had become a subsiderary of the local big school district, in the town we use for everything 5 miles away, but across the river, in County B.

My county A is very rural with only very small villages, and the county seat 23 miles away at the very edge of the county with the only library in the county.

So, as a school kid I was supposed to have a library card, but the folks' property taxes were all split up between school district in county B and other govt buildings in county A.

Trying to actually get into any useable library system was a nightmare, even way back then, the overlapping People In Charge all had to be kings of their territories and do things by the book..... with only 20 kids in the whole one room school building, and just recently merged into the bigger school district, no one had ever dealt with that before, and there was no system of forums and checkboxes to make it happen by putting 4 X's in the right boxes. And no one had athourity to think; just to state their small area territory rules.

My introduction to govt paperwork and how it doesn't, at a young age.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)