AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local Co-op hired help problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 5/13/2018 11:08 (#6758191 - in reply to #6756350)
Subject: RE: Local Co-op hired help problems

ESW ND
Makes me laugh when people bicker about how hard they work or don't work and blah blah blah. Great if you work your *ss off, but yet your work will never be done. You will die and there will still be work that never got finished or never be started. Then the ones who barely ever work, will still have work when they die, work that never got finished and work that never got started. Most kids never stuck around on the farm because that's ALL they ever did and knew was WORK. Why in the heck would they want to stick around when that's ALL they ever got to do. Parents grew up that way, so that's how they treated their kids. No time for fishing, golfing, exploring, camping, vacationing, sight seeing. Geez all those fun things would be sooooo boring when you could just stay home and WORK!!!! Years ago in the grandparents "horse" days, they had more time to do the visiting and such with the family and neighbors. The horses could only work so long before you had to rest them and to be able to use them. With today's horses......you don't barely have to stop. No time for family and friends and visiting. The horses are ready and there's acres and acres to be worked.
I work hard when I have to and when it's needed, but also relax as necessary. If you don't ever relax, your tank becomes drained and your desire becomes obsolete. You only have so many years on earth, if you want your life to be work, then do that. If you want your life to include work and some enjoyment, do that. If you want your life to be a bump on a log and live on welfare then do that...well, those lives also create jobs for the working people.
I have no point to prove to anybody. As long as the happiness is inside of you, that's all that really matters. (but don't forget about anybody that shares a life with you, you have to make them happy with you, otherwise resentment usually shows up)
**EDIT TO ADD** "You" is just in general terms, nobody specific
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)