AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local Co-op hired help problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Plowd
Posted 5/9/2018 19:48 (#6752227 - in reply to #6752027)
Subject: RE: Local Co-op hired help problems

Here the hourly pay sucks but the benefits are great if you use them fully! That said the young guys want to see that big paycheck and I understand for those starting a family, they need money on the table. But if they would use the benefits it’s best in the end. Heck in 9 1/2 years I will hit my 85 rule and be able to “retire” at 54. Granted I will still work somewhere it I’m also putting quite a bit into HSA for insurance come that time!

In my branch we have younger kids and I tell them to go home. We don’t really put in crazy hours anymore. This is my 20th year of commercial spraying and I missed out on a lot with kids, got a divorce. I’ve told he guys don’t miss that stuff, the ol saying “happy wife happy life” is true. Go home get sleep, spend time with family and catch me back the next day. Attitudes are better and we actually do get a lot done.

Another branch works 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Turnover is rediculous, their longest employee is 5 years and they do less acres then we do and everyone is at each other and it seems the management there just pushes and pushes. The young guys just don’t stay!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)