AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeling like a TOTAL IDIOT!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndred
Posted 4/26/2018 08:00 (#6731271 - in reply to #6731134)
Subject: RE: Feeling like a TOTAL IDIOT!

s nd
I bought a 12 row 22 beet planter from a dealer that the 150 monitor had burned up in the guy's shop that traded it in. So salesman goes, lets put a 250 on it, but you will have to run new sensors to all rows. Was wet in my area that spring, so asked a guy if I could rent 80 acres up by him to get started. Right next to all the "good farmers". Monitor beeped row 5 not planting but got out and checked it a hundred times, so shut the darn buzzer off and planted 30 to 40 acres, I think. Finally found row 8 not planting. We had started on the wrong side of the planter when putting the sensors on it. So being next to the big shots, I got a neighbors sweet corn planter and put one row on the 826 and away I went. There's another story about having a 31.5 foot bean drill and a 33 foot beet planter and running down at 10:30 in the dark to finish a wet side hill beet field with the gps set at 31.5 and trying to plant 33 feet. And the boo boo was in the offset I had in for the bean drill to push it over to plant every other row. That hair never grew back.

Edited by ndred 4/26/2018 08:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)