AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing the crop groundrules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 4/18/2018 13:58 (#6717517 - in reply to #6717343)
Subject: RE: Killing the crop groundrules

NW Indiana
To me the crop killing is when we start hearing the comments "no way we will see trend". You do realize trend is an average yield correct? It wasn't perfect everywhere to get trend. 2014 had many problems but yet above trend. 2015 had many problems but yet above trend. 2016 had many problems but yet above trend. 2017 had many problems but yet above trend. If we didn't have areas with less than ideal conditions we would be way above average. Ok so maybe MN isn't looking to get as good of a crop as last year. Well guess what it doesn't have to and we still can get trend. Heck IN alone could do a lot better than last year to make up for it. What NE isn't capable of better than last year? Everything in IA was perfect? IL had to be ideal. If I remember correctly the Dakota's had some issues didn't they? Can't be.
So basically to say we can't get trend is just foolish. Heck 180+ is still on the table. Everything could be perfect after May 1 and the yields blow everyone away. Is it likely? NO but saying trend is out at this point is just as bad. Farmers have to be the most pessimistic people I know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)