AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody selling any fall 18 corn yet?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BigcCharlie740
Posted 10/7/2017 06:41 (#6292742 - in reply to #6290962)
Subject: RE: Anybody selling any fall 18 corn yet?

West Central Iowa
ahay68979 - 10/6/2017 08:06

I know several on here refuse to forward contract. But looking at new crop bids for Oct 18 getting $3.50+ wondering if a guy should sell some. I was in camp the crop wasn't there but it seems it may not be awesome but better then expected in most areas, so I'm guessing $3 corn is here to stay another year. And never really had a chance here this yr to sell much over $3.70 cash. So $3.50+ is in the ball park. Bad to start say 5-10%?

Edit. This year the forward contract I have were better in advance then waiting, kinda like the old days when forward contracting worked well.

Yes, 94% of this years crop is cash in hand already with a cash average of 4.21 after basis has been taken out and option premium has been applied.

41% of next years corn crop has been sold, and 5% of soybeans have been sold (cash) of course. there will be option strategies to re-own or sell further. No HTA or basis contracts. NO DP either.

talking to guys in the local area; they have little to none of this years crop sold. granted we don't know what the year will bring as far as pricing, but an opportunity may be missed here. we just don't know
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)