AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stick a Fork in it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 9/12/2017 20:59 (#6244340 - in reply to #6244156)
Subject: RE: Stick a Fork in it

jpartner - 9/12/2017 20:14

dpilot83 - 9/12/2017 20:09

Hopefully my post did not come across as drama filled. I was just trying to think of a subject line and that popped into my head and I did it without thinking much about it. I do wish I had added my comment about it not negating the higher price targets in the original post. Again, just didn't think about it as I was making the original post.

Nope.  It's all good Pilot.   IMHO, forks break down in a horizontal market.  When the pivot is finally stuck, they will work beautifully. Until then, you kinda will draw yourself into a corner, because every sloped line will get busted - because its moving horizontally.  That's when you break out the other tools.  Time will tell how it works out, but generally in these, you feel like you are wrong, til it blows it cork, and its over.  Whenever the rally occurs - assuming it does, it will be swift, and take no prisoners.

So what is the pivot we're looking for ultimately? We are pretty sure we know the B and we're anticipating the C (assuming the B is correct). That will form a down sloping fork. So you're saying when the downsloper is formed it will work beautifully or are you saying once the ultimate low is finally formed, then it'll be a good time to use the forks again?

I feel like even after the C of this potential pivot is formed, we're still in a basically horizontal market, possibly still a down sloping market in which case perhaps it's still not the time to use forks?

This is likely not the time or place, but are you of the opinion that we have already hit the ultimate low in corn? I have a hard time believing that we have and while I expect rallies, possibly significant ones, I think that we have not experienced the full wrath of the corn market yet, for reasons that have nothing to do with charts or fundamentals. For me it's the pain scale. I know how much pain the market was able to extract out of wheat producers and it has come absolutely nowhere close to doing that to corn producers so I just can't help but believe we have another leg lower that will possibly be well under $3 on the futures.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)