AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early yield reports are pretty bad.. time to add wheat to the ethanol mix?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 9/7/2017 21:23 (#6235171 - in reply to #6234017)
Subject: RE: Early yield reports are pretty bad.. time to add wheat to the ethanol mix?

WCMO-SWMO Area
#1mizzoufan - 9/7/2017 09:02

We are going to have are best dry land corn ever this year. Our worst field went 203 best 222 and the average is going to be close to 215. We are 15 miles from the Kansas line. It makes we wonder if people only post bad reports that they hear? I am not saying everything is perfect here. We are getting sudden death in our beans even with having ilevo seed treatment on them.

I'm 25 miles from the Kansas line and there will be no corn yields like that in my area....Way too much got replanted in mid-late May...We went from July 4th to Aug 4th on very little rain..The week of July 15-22 with temps of 95-101 with wind sure didnt help any..I'd say that yields will still be respectable at 125-150 as the ears are too small for much more than that..Most years replant will go under 100....A few March planted fields are now just being harvested and they may go 150-180..

The beans need a drink and not much rain is in sight..Might have 40-50 bu beans with a rain in next 10 days and less with no rain..

Edited by Stormwatcher 9/7/2017 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)