AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crop ratings tues up or down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buddy Man
Posted 9/4/2017 16:56 (#6228491 - in reply to #6228334)
Subject: RE: The USDA says that it....

Dawn, Missouri
I think they use the same one I use, I think?. SWAG - sophisicated wild - ass guess! I check on daily rainfall and temperatures around the country through the National Weather Service. Check on several reporting stations around the country on area forecast discussions for the next few days and week in their area. Check on the weekly crop condition report to help determine planting date progress and maturity conditions in each state. Read on AGTALK what the conditions are in the respondents' area to verify what I have gleaned from the various weather and government reports. I'm not sure what they look at but I don't think it is the same thing I am looking at. SB crop looks shorter and shorter everyday with the forecasts I'm reading. I hope it doesn't take as long as it used to in years past to realize what the crop will be. We have more information than we had 20 or 30 years ago. I know the soybean market usually bottoms around the 4-10 of Oct and sometimes as late as Nov., but in a short crop year I have seen the lows at this time of year and rallies all through the fall. Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)