AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Desktop. One of these or...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/17/2017 23:40 (#5906601 - in reply to #5905998)
Subject: RE: New Desktop. One of these or...

southern MN
It's easy to spend some one else's money and say - add this and this..... Heck I just ordered a laptop for close to triple what you are looking to spend.......

Anyhow.

I would always, every time, avoid anything that has a Celron processor. They are brain dead. They are missing internal features that make them very slow, even if their listed 'clock speed' seems on par with others they fumble and fiddle and are horribly slow processors. Bad news. Avoid.

Pentimento based processors are pretty old, slow. At least not crippled like a Celron, but these are pretty slow.

I3 is acceptable, I5 is better.

If you need an L7 you probably already know what you need....

I'm a die hard Windows 7 user, the laptop I ordered has W10. It's time..... It's a pretty good operating system, better than 8 anyhow. We have to move forward so,e time, it's probably time to go ahead with 10.

So, any of the I3 options you mentioned, and W10 is what I would look at.

Check that the monitor you have is compatable with the computer you buy - there have been a lot of different plug types the past 3-5 years, they might be different. if they are different you can probably buy an adaptor; but check out a good cheap monitor instead, by the time you spend money on an adaptor.....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)