AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confused on charging iPad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/5/2017 09:56 (#5879331 - in reply to #5879229)
Subject: RE: Confused on charging iPad

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
PLO NW MN - 3/5/2017 08:09

When plugged into the computer your iPad you will find is charging but as you note slow, if it says "not charging" and come back in a hour it will have gain a few percentage. I'm not sure if this slow charging damages the iPad but going the other way Apple advises not charging iPhones with the iPad charger or any 2.1 amp charger because it may shorten iPhone battery life.

I have heard that using the 2.1 or 2.4 charger on an iPhone can shorten the battery life. I rarely use the AC adapter on the wall but when I do I will try to use the 1 amp one with the iPhone and the 2.4 amp one for the iPad. The smaller one is physically smaller so it is easy to tell them apart. The link above seems to indicate that it won't hurt anything to use the 2.4 Amp charger on the iPhone.

Usually my iPhone is charged via a USB port on my car, combine, tractor, truck or computer. I just discovered something that puzzles me a different way. OK not disagreeing but my Chevrolet Silverado will charge the iPad so it must have a HD output. So is using the Silverado to charge the iPhone shortening the battery life?

I tried two different USB to lightening cables to charge the iPad from the computer. I thought they were both good to start with. Now that I know that it doesn't work to charge the iPad of the computer I won't do it. Just now I plugged the iPhone in to top it off. It won't work with either of those cables but does work with another. I'm wondering if trying to use the cables with the iPad to the computer has damaged them or if this is just a coincidence.

Edited by tedbear 3/5/2017 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)