AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confused on charging iPad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/5/2017 08:25 (#5879139 - in reply to #5879024)
Subject: RE: Confused on charging iPad

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, you are exactly correct. Yesterday after reading the link above I looked at the wall chargers I have in the house. The one that came with the iPhone was 1 amp and the one that came with the iPad Pro was 2.4 or 14 watts. The one that came with the iPhone was physically smaller. The article seems to suggest that there are three levels of outputs of 1, 2.1 and 2.4 Amps. The article suggests that the 2.4 is shipped with the 12" iPad Pro although that's what I got with my 9.7" iPad Pro. The printing was so small that I used the iPhone to take pictures of the connectors and enlarged the pictures to read the spec's.

I have used that trick several times. I think there is a way to use this magnifying effect without actually taking a picture but I forget how.

I have ordered the dual port lighter plug that has the higher capacity suggested in the link. It was about $9 on Amazon.

The not keeping up idea is what confused me originally on my computer connection. If I plugged in the iPad Pro to the computer when it was partially discharged the icon in the upper right showed a picture of the battery and the words Not Charging. It would still do data transfer. I then charged it with the 2.4 amp wall charger so it was at 100%. When I plugged it into the computer it showed 100% and the charging symbol. If I was using Bluetooth or GPS, it might not have been able to keep up and would likely have shown Not Charging again later.

Edited by tedbear 3/5/2017 08:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)