AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confused on charging iPad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2017 14:25 (#5877900)
Subject: Confused on charging iPad

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got a new iPad Pro on Thursday. It had about 60% charge so I started playing right away. I took it to my office and plugged it in to one of the USB ports on my computer which I regularly use to charge my iPhone 6. It connected to the computer and I copied a couple of songs via iTunes to the iPad. This went as expected.

I noticed in the upper right corner that the battery indicator was there as expected. The words Not Charging appeared in front of it and no lightning symbol appeared behind it. I then used the 110V to USB charger and cable that came with the iPad and plugged it in. The indications were that it was being charged. After a couple of hours I checked and it was charged 100%. I then connected it back to the computer and the lightning symbol appeared. My thought at that point in time was that maybe I needed to bring it to a full charge and then it would be OK after that with the computer.

After I started this post, I decided that I should have googled the situation. This link seems to summarize the situation and talks about the NOT CHARGING message - http://ipadpilotnews.com/2014/01/charging-your-ipad-tips-air-mini/

After reading this article that deals with charging in a plane, I have concluded that my computer doesn't have enough power available at the USB ports. I need to check around with some of my other locations to decide what to do next.

Edited by tedbear 3/4/2017 14:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)