AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sewing Machine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Sarah
Posted 3/5/2017 17:18 (#5880104 - in reply to #5878247)
Subject: RE: Sewing Machine

Kingston, Ohio
poiuy6 - 3/4/2017 18:14

I would buy a machine from a dealer near you....or near enough that you are willing to drive it there for service. Buy from a dealer who can give you service. That excludes Jo-Ann's since they have to send the machine for service. Every machine will need someone who can work on it...eventually. If money is no obect...Bernina. Otherwise. Stay away from Singer & Brother from big box stores. Some Brother machines are sold at dealers, and there are good models there. Others are Janome, Baby Lock. If you are a quilter....an antique Singer Featherweight is a good option. What kind of sewing do you plan to do. If you plan to patch jeans or coveralls, better have a heavy duty machine. In my opinion....an older alll metal machine is an option. I just bought one on a local trading page....it was a Bernina...and I paid $700.

You make a good point about buying from a dealer who can service the machine.
I just recently learned that I can have my late grandma's sewing machine which is an antique Singer that folds into its table. I'm very happy to inherit it as she was the one who taught me to sew many years ago! I hope if I have a problem with it, it won't be too difficult to find someone to repair it. I am planning on using it to quilt and other small projects. I don't plan on using a lot of heavy fabric with it. That is a great price on your Bernina! What kind of sewing do you do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)