AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would this be fair?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

blackdogted
Posted 2/27/2017 15:27 (#5866806 - in reply to #5866285)
Subject: RE: Would this be fair?

I didn't see anything about Estate planning in in your question. It sounds to me like you are willing to provide some surplus labor and facilities for the time being to your son's for a share of their calf crop. (half it sounds like} I did something like that with my own kids. I didn't worry about being fair to me because it was on a small enough scale that it wasn't a lot of dollars and they did enough work I felt it was a bonus to their pay for other work. As you get in to more head you should probably look into other resources like your extension office to see what is fair based on average feed costs and labor costs. There are place especially in the West where cows get calved on shares. If nothing else these could be a starting point. If you and your sons do a good job of tracking your costs you will have a better job deciding what is fair than any of the posters here. Most important write down what you are doing and keep good records so that if there is a dispute you have an objective way to settle it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)