AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Direct Command, raven accuflow. unexplained overapplication.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/23/2017 05:49 (#5857404 - in reply to #5857028)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Direct Command, raven accuflow. unexplained overapplication.

Missouri
KRK - 2/22/2017 20:01
First step would be to get a scale ticket to find out what actually going on!
If it is actually over applying Check the flow meter. If the person has been running tanks empty, the flow meter could be worn & dragging (takes more flow to spin at the same speed).
I have had very strange things happen with mismatched firmware.
It's a good idea to load the module firmware from the display. That way it matches.
I agree that the #on the tag is just a good starting point. But shouldn't be that far off!

Had we discovered the issue during business hours at the fert plant, we would have done exactly that. I do not expect a mechanical problem with the flow meter. The Raven 440 was running the flow meter cal from the tag, for NH3 (173 on tag, and in monitor). The Ag Leader uses the number for gallons instead of the number for pounds NH3, but still if each system is using the number from the tag, they should have comparable and consistent performance.

We were going to update the monitor. Is it possible to "downgrade" module firmware as you seem to suggest? That would get the module matching what the monitor expects, if say one were in a situation where the monitor firmware update was not available. I don't want to wreck a module trying to "downgrade" firmware if that isn't actually supported. Given there's a multitude of other reasons why updating the display is a good idea anyway, that's going to be the second thing we do after getting a scale ticket.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)