AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Direct Command, raven accuflow. unexplained overapplication.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 2/22/2017 19:55 (#5856843)
Subject: Ag Leader Direct Command, raven accuflow. unexplained overapplication.

Missouri
Tedbear, I know you're out there. I beseech thee to bless my thread with thy vast Ag Leader and Raven knowledge.

I'm demoing an Ag Leader/Raven 440 adapter kit to a farmer with an 11 knife bar, raven cold flow, single section, that he has been running on a Raven 440 display. This is the setup that adapts the liquid product control module to be pinout compatible with anything wired for a Raven 440. I've used this same setup on multiple bars in multiple tractors, with never an issue.

We got it all hooked up today, and thought it was running well when I left the field. This toolbar had been running as expected, on the 440. It was a larger (1500 gallon?) than the average size tank in this area. The farmer had been getting a little better than 30 acres out of a tank at this rate (160# N). This tank ran empty between 21 and 22 acres. I'm going back tomorrow to find out why, but phone diagnostics have reached no conclusion.

Speed signal accuracy should not have been an issue. It's using display GPS for speed, and I know of no way to calibrate or adjust for that (nor have I ever known it to be inaccurate to a degree which would explain this).

It's an 11 knife bar, 30" spacing, swath width in the configuration is set to 27.5 feet. This checks by my math, and had the width been set extra wide (which would cause over application), the map would show overlap. It does not.

The raven flow meter tag said 730. Raven uses pulses per 10 gallons, Ag Leader per one, so I put 73 in the flow meter calibration number. This checks with everything I know to be correct, and I've done dozens of setups like this without issue but for one time bad math resulted in a configuration wider than the actual bar, which resulted in over application.

That's everything I can think to check. Rate control systems are a function of speed, width, and flow meter signal. GPS speed is presumed to be correct, and the other two factors have been verified.

I'm down to only two possibilities. The first is that the assumption that application began with a full tank, is faulty. The scale will prove/disprove that in the morning. The only other thing I can think of, is that this display has firmware 4.5 (out of date). The module's firmware is unknown, BUT it has been used on an Integra at 7.1 and does not prompt for an update, so I know it's current. I know the liquid module has had several updates between Integra v 4.5 and current Integra v7.1. Is it possible having a module firmware that is newer than the display's firmware is causing an issue?

I'm open to there being a third, or more possibilities, but I lack the creativity at present to think of them. All input is welcome. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)