AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jddealer
Posted 2/14/2017 11:44 (#5839106 - in reply to #5839004)
Subject: RE: Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?

you are right that "Real" business does not have a revenue insurance policy subsidized by the government, other than FDIC deposit insurance I suppose, and also health insurance now...even if it is in worse shape and more heavily subsidized than crop insurance offered to farmers (i sure don't want to get in a health insurance debate and am looking forward to the improvements promised by the current administration), i realize that health insurance is not a revenue insurance...or is it?? rather than a small business owner having to shoulder the burden of extremely expensive health care procedures with their personal revenue the government mandated/subsidized insurance allows them to insure their personal revenue that would otherwise have to be spent on that procedure with an insurance policy. This decision for me was not about the government and my operations place in it. As many "real" business work the tax system to the max (and rightfully so), I see the purchase of a governmentally subsidized crop insurance plan as a recapture of some of my personal income tax. I don't feel this forum will in any way be moved to the level of policy making for the US government but it is an interesting debate and very interesting to learn of everyone's stances on certain topics, I can't say that I disagree with some / most of those stances. But despite those feelings we all still have to operate with the options that are available to us, if a person is able to manage their farming operations without the use of these subsidized policies I applaud you and hope to be able to do the same, but for the time being as I said before the amount of risk that would be to my operation is not something that currently cash flows for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)