AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jddealer
Posted 2/14/2017 10:29 (#5838966 - in reply to #5838934)
Subject: RE: Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?

That's an interesting comment I suppose your theory is 100% correct. With any insurance policy I guess we as producers are in the risk selling business, and the insurance companies are in the risk buying business. but using that same formula any seed company is in the risk selling business and we as producers are then in the risk buying business when we buy that seed and plant it. I am not a fan of the subsidies the government offers to the market and wish it would stand on it own merits however an alternative (other than no insurance at all) is not available, and personally we are in no position to go that route. So for the time being I have to make decisions based on the information I have available to me and go on from there. The information I collected swayed me to choose the Whole Farm Revenue Policy and as I stated earlier for the time being I am comfortable with the coverage it offers. One day I hope to be able to self insure my operation but with the cash flow that printed off this year it looks like it may be a while.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)