AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jddealer
Posted 2/14/2017 09:25 (#5838852 - in reply to #5838753)
Subject: RE: Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?

I am in my second year with this policy on a corn/soybean/cow calf operation in southwest Iowa. I like the policy due to the much lower premium and the ability to insure the revenue from our cattle operation, this coupled with 100% replant coverage made it a good choice in my opinion. The premium is less than 1/2 of typical MPCI coverage and the amount of revenue being insured is much higher. I had a replant claim in the spring of 2016 and the process was very easy and the coverage was 100% of seed and expenses for the replant. by being able to insure 85% of the average income of our operation over the last 5 years it makes me feel better that if the markets (cattle or grain) go against us the minimum amount of income for the year is a known amount from the beginning. Another nice thing about the policy is that the grain you hold over to market (16's production sold in '17) is also insured in regards to revenue. I am the only policy written by my agent so far and I won't say it was a no brainer to sign up for it but I am comfortable with the decision and so far my experience has been favorable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)