AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drought monitor maps?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 2/12/2017 11:09 (#5834333 - in reply to #5834063)
Subject: June 7th 2016

Buxton ND
This is "a" drought map, this is one I like because is over-lays the minor/major belt area's so you can see where a drought really matters. This map uses a blend of short term 0-6" top soil and long term (sub-soil) I use other maps to see this and draw my own opinion from all of them.

Many of these different drought map use yellow for abnormally dry, short term most base this on 0-6" soil profile. Yellow in these maps does not mean its a ripe roaring 2012 drought. There are other maps that use top-soil 0-6" and subsoil or a blend of each. This past year ***SUB-SOIL*** reserves were ***BIG DEAL*** across most of the corn belt. Sub-soil was the back up for those corn roots to go down and tap into during that amorally dry first part of June when the weather turned hottest. Soybeans June does not mean Jack,,,, tho I'd guess those bean roots did some tapping of their own.

I will still say this past summers rally was way wayyy MORE.
Let's go test $4.50 corn.
Let's teach those a lesson on selling cheap low volatility call options.
And lets start the rally when no one EXPECTED IT to rally. While producers were being beaten to bearish bloody death @ Commodity Classic's and very little to do with a actually drought.

BTW I wonder if someone in NAT would compile a summary of the USDA C/B/Wheat weekly crop ratings ? ? ?

(DORUGHT2016#2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DORUGHT2016#2.jpg (79KB - 92 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)