AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jim Rogers and his macro outlook
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/13/2017 06:23 (#5836259 - in reply to #5835719)
Subject: after thinking about your reply

Pittsburg, Kansas
After thinking about it I thought I should make clear my reasoning for posting links to stories.

Of course the stories have opinions. This is a discussion forum. It is comprised of opinions.

When I post an external story it is to add to or promote discussion. I never intend it to be presented as a "fact". It might be supporting argument to something I believe is correct with certain points brought out. It might only have one single point that I think is relavent to a discussion. I might mostly agree with what is said (I amost never fully agree with anyone). I might not agree hardly at all. It is just, in my opinion, thouhts worthy of consideration.

Some stories may contain facts, such as financial figures, etc., but discussions rarely have many "facts". Real facts are hard to come by. Far and few between. Discussions are mostly filled with opinions.

If a person is only concerned with his own opinions, why discuss? Outside articles bring in discussion points, often times by people that are considered large figures in their industry, that we rarely get a chance to hear speak in person. Jim Rogers is one of those people. He was a key figure in the famous Quantum Fund, and a very successful investor. I present his ideas as opinions rather than facts.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)