AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just dodged a bullet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/10/2017 07:34 (#5829673 - in reply to #5829539)
Subject: the spin factor

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think a person can twist something said into a position almost any way they want. I see this all the time over on the political discussion forum. For example I will argue this both ways.

Pro-Trump talking points: point 1. Trump took a campaign position but after being in office and learning more information changed his mind and reversed. This shows that he if flexible, can learn and is willing to admit mistakes and change positions as needed. This is a good feature. Point 2. Trump is a good negotiator. He started friendly with Russia because Russia acted friendly. China acted advesarial, so Trump pushed back to make them nervous. China feeling they would be entering negotiations in an advesarial relationship feels relieved when Trump "throws them a bone" and gives up a negotiating point he never really cared about anyway. He immediately changes the advesarial atmosphere to one where negotiatiins can take place .Good negotiators hold back concessions they can "give in" on without giving up the things they really want, unlike poor negotiators that lay their full hand on the table early in the game. Think of the cartoons showing Obama playing checkers while Putin was playing Chess.

Ok, now the Trump negative talking ponts: point 1. Trump is a wild man never knowing what will come out of his mouth. Here he said one thing, now bouncing to another. Point 2. Trump shows he is all boast but really is weak by giving up so easily.

There are probably lots more negative talking points but since I kind of think he is no fool to have reached the point in life he is at, it is harder for me to think of the negatives. Others could probably add more much easier if they are Trump negative

Point is, both the media and individuals can spin almost anything anyone says any way they want it spun.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/10/2017 07:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)