AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Single band NIR vs 5 band NIR, what is necessary, what is overkill?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

ntbill
Posted 2/7/2017 22:52 (#5824467 - in reply to #5816015)
Subject: RE: Single band NIR vs 5 band NIR, what is necessary, what is overkill?

SC Wisconsin
Keep in mind what your potential customers options are. I can have a plane show up tomorrow (during the growing season) and get 1 meter NIR, NDVI and RGB images delivered the following day for under $2.25 per acre. Less per acre if commit to multiple flights or consolidate farms. In order for you to make money as a service provider, you need to deliver inexpensive, actionable information. I haven't been offered that from drone based imagery providers yet. I see drones filling niches today but haven't seen anything offered that consistently provides a strong ROI for large scale adoption.

I am infatuated with the technology, Sequoia included. But looking at the constraints of limited flight coverage, challenges of huge data uploads with wimpy rural internet connection speeds... we have too many constraints in the process to make money offering services with this model. I am sure this will change, but I am not sure when.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)