AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me choose a Magnum....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 1/23/2017 19:11 (#5789027 - in reply to #5788248)
Subject: RE: Help me choose a Magnum....

Tuscola, IL
Assuming you're going to run auto guidance immediately and sounds like you're already set up for RTK. Go with the PRO 700 for the tractor and you'll be ready to run the planter when you get to it. That being said, you'll want to remember you already have a monitor when you're pricing planters. Not sure how it works overseas, our dealership prices planters (used) including a monitor. Also, with no dealers nearby, tractor should be ISO ready. I believe it's been standard for a few years now. When you go to look for a planter, find one that is also ISO ready. It will make hooking up much simpler. Without being ISO ready, you will need a universal harness to connect the planter to the monitor. ISO ready will allow you to use the PRO 700 as your guidance display along with being the planter monitor. These are fairly little things - except that you are a long way away from a dealer.

As said above, the Kinze is a very simple planter to operate. However, personal preference and experience, my tractor and planter would match, regardless of brand. The Case IH planters offer a lot straight from the factory.

As far as spares, not sure how much money you want wrapped up in spare parts, but again going back to distance from dealer, I would have a full set of filters, especially DEF filters if you will have a tractor with DEF on it, an extra serpentine belt, water pump, flasher unit, and park brake solenoid. At some point, the park brake solenoid was updated and is much more reliable. But, if it hasn't been updated and fails, you are stuck where it sits. Have seen a couple people, with long skinny arms, change these without removing tires from tractor. If you're of average build, tires will need to come off. Flasher unit seems to be a common fail part around here. Also, we've replaced several crankcase breather filters that have a leaking housing.

Edited by CASE3594 1/23/2017 19:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)