AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me choose a Magnum....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Otto Ulyate
Posted 1/23/2017 13:03 (#5788248)
Subject: Help me choose a Magnum....

Southern Highlands of Tanzania, East Africa
Am hoping to buy a used Magnum from the U.K. for our operation in Africa (cheap the way the pound is) The hardest pulling implement I have in mind is an 8 row Orthman. Likely to buy a 16 row Case planter in due course (no need for it to be no-till as I would use it on the strips) We live at 6,000ft altitude so that takes a little power away.

Question is I am most interested in the 280-340 range with a 2009-2011 310 most likely as a neighboring farm has one and there are no dealers in country.....so commonality of spares always nice.

We have no need for emission control and our fuel probably isn't the highest spec here.

The models in UK are on super singles which is not enough to put me off but is there a way to change a tractor to duals? Cost? Unlikely to use the tractor in growing crops so maybe I am over thinking that?

What display and extras should I look for to run with a Case planter and my existing base station? Is the Pro 600 adequate or does a 700 have great features I need to think of? Maybe the planter would come with it's own display and so this might help?

Any and all suggestions/considerations welcome.

What spares should I think of bringing with the tractors.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)