AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warm weather made me think about combines. Got a question about combines (all colors).
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

puma
Posted 1/24/2017 10:35 (#5790509 - in reply to #5788316)
Subject: RE: Everybody is kind of missing the point

I don't think people are missing the point, I think Indy made the exact same example. He can paint with a broad brush about how it makes sense to own more, older trucks. However, you know the intricacies of trucking more so than him, so you know that it doesn’t make sense to do it that way.

Indy, and others, may know the same complexities about large operations, and the fact that even though it is expensive to run the new combine, like your truck is, they have to do it to get the crop out in time, or that help isn't easy to find, or the many other possible specific scenarios that wouldn’t allow older units to run on their farm; which justifies one new unit. He would maybe say the same as you also, if he had limited acres in an arid location with a long harvest window, a fleet of older combines could make sense.

I don't think he's being defensive, just trying to have the conversation with you, about the topic you started.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)