AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warm weather made me think about combines. Got a question about combines (all colors).
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 1/22/2017 13:18 (#5785791 - in reply to #5785413)
Subject: RE: Warm weather made me think about combines. Got a question about combines (all colors).

Central South Dakota
Where I work, we are shoving 5,000 acres a machine through a combine per year. When it's go time, it's go time, and in the fall our window can narrow pretty fast some years before your fighting snow, so I'm in the camp of I'd rather have one machine in tip top shape than 4-5 that could have any amount of numerous different problems depending on which machine you choose to drive that day.

For a smaller guy that may be only combining a quarter or half section and would like to own their own equipment, I believe you have a viable option.

Biggest takeaway is everyone's situation is different. Some may have a larger weather window to get the crop out, some may not be concerned that they suffer weather loss , some may like running older equipment, some may like running new equipment. As long as your bills are paid, you conduct yourself honestly and with integrity it really isn't any of my concern or skin off my back if you think you need a S690 and 45' header to combine 160 acres or 5,000 acres or if your happy using 8 beat up MF 860 combines to get the job done. As long as your satisfied with the outcome, it really shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)