AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elevator Changing discount schedules midway through contact
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Madcofarmer
Posted 1/5/2017 18:26 (#5746844)
Subject: Elevator Changing discount schedules midway through contact

Ec Indiana
Sold 100k to local evevator mid dec, don't sell them a lot but do once in awhile. There basis was alttle worse than local eplants but e plants were docking for vomitoxin and they weren't, our levels were right at the docking point most of the time. Her sales pitch was were not docking on vom and giving a premium for low damage 2 or 4 cents, so we sold them some.

Fast forward to yesterday, have delivered about half of contract, they have been closed a bunch because of being full lately. They decided yesterday to quit paying the premium for low damage. She says that there discounts are subject to change at anytime, my argument is that we committed bushels on a certain discount schedule and they are changing it mid way through. I feel that they should honor her sales pitch that they were paying the extra few cents. If it went the other way I would not feel they had to pay more than we agreed on, I shouldn't be getting less than agreed on.

Not really any different than selling on a basis and it being better when you deliver and getting paid the lower price IMO. What do others think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)