AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would liability work if..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 12/8/2016 08:02 (#5684053 - in reply to #5683501)
Subject: RE: How would liability work if..........

Aint it sad that it has to go this far !....I am following you on this, as I have custom built hitches, tooling and other pieces of machinery either as a whole or add on, and I always go over my liability insurance on this every year to make sure I am covered. I have talked to a lot of insurance agents for quotes, and when I bring up I build custom built hitches, I kinda get that " deer in the headlight look" at first, until everything is explained.

I think as long as the final "tool" is not marketed or for made for profit per say, then I would say that the lawyers would have a tougher case against them. Not saying it could not be done, especially in todays world ! but it would be harder to build a case.
I think that if the 1st 2 companies had the buyer beware type of protection in writing somewhere, wether it be an instruction sheet or decal, then I would think their lawyers could get them off the hook.
I agree, it boils down to the biggest pockets 1st, then trickle down.

Overall I think the final "user" would be on their own.
I'll be watching this also to see what others have to say, good cold winter day topic :-)

Thanks Pokey , your making it harder for me to get my bookwork done ! :-) here I am on Ag Talk again.....dont feel bad I was YouTubing before this LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)