AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

After reading the thread below on "Will Bins Pay?"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Frisky3208
Posted 12/6/2016 12:33 (#5679961 - in reply to #5679287)
Subject: RE: After reading the thread below on "Will Bins Pay?"

Heart of Ohio
Great question Joco ! Never looked at it that way. I guess my goal has always been to work towards holding at least 100 % of years production if I can and choose to. My point is , PLAN big, it's a lot easier to move a paper grain system around on graph paper than steel and concrete. I never DREAMED I would be handling the number bushels I do today, back then. My bin building boss didn't either , but he did have the forethought to consider it , and today I am REALLY glad he made me think about it.
We barley had 20000 bu of storage and three bins back then, I thought it really silly to "plan" a half million bu. system thirty years ago. Today that plan is still solid and we are nearly a third of the way there...... seriously doubt I will ever finish it, but who knows maybe a grandson ??? :- )
"edit " Let me add too.... of all three crops we store WHEAT has consistently been the one with greatest return to storage "here" ( talking basis and carry only ) getting it to ACTUALLY pay is another story ! LOL

Edited by Frisky3208 12/6/2016 12:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)