AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anybody pulled the plug on health insurance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 10/26/2016 06:48 (#5600528 - in reply to #5600321)
Subject: RE: Has anybody pulled the plug on health insurance?

Let this be a lesson to any thinking about stopping coverage: family of 4, no on any exchange, what a joke. Premiums this year alone are $18k.

My wife, 40 younger than found a lump on her own in mid February. Cancer. SO FAR. Between me, the kids and herself Insurance has paid well over $250,000. That was looking 2 months ago. Before her second surgery to clean up the margins. The last rounds of Chemo cost $9,000 each week. She still is in Radiation for another month. In December she gets her ovaries out. I fully expect to be well past the $400,000 mark just this year alone. More treatments next year.

My out of pockets this year will be at least $50,000. Between premiums, medicine, past bills (still paying on the birth of the boy 7 years ago), current bills and other incidentals.

Every time she farts it seems, the hospital or clinic creates a new account. A few months ago it was 9 accounts. Add in a few more at the Hospital and clinic the kids go to. Then bills don't always show up (rather convenient I think) and they send it to collections. My wife received one phone call that she never forwarded to me... For whatever reason. And thanks to HIPAA I can't get the calls instead. So there is ANOTHER bill, kit his time with interest.

Can you afford a $400,000 hit? If you own anything you run the risk of losing it all. I have nothing of value and it's still wiping me out.

Have fun if you drop it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)