AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tired of farming 1970s style, need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JAnderson
Posted 10/21/2016 15:30 (#5593200 - in reply to #5592798)
Subject: RE: Tired of farming 1970s style, need help

McCanna, ND
You can PM me if you would like. As far as a GPS system I'm going to recommend Deere. Everything will be based off that for simplicity right now.

8400- put a hydraulic steering valve in or ATU. Hydraulic would be optimal but used atu200a can be had for under $1000.

Planter tech I recommend using a Deere seedstar system and retro fit it. I run a kinze 16-30 stack fold with Deere seedstar XP. I have 3 drives. Two sections of 4 and one section of 8. I have deeres air bags for down pressure and they work really well. I have active downforce but haven't got it dialed in yet. Cost was very very minimal as it was all take off. Planter does 98% plus singulation.

If you want to be accurate your going to need RTK or the new sf6000 globe on SF3. I prefer RTK but you better have 10k to get there. The bright side is that if you already have a GS2 (2600) screen and itc globe. Your most of the way there for autosteer in the 8400. Just get a green star harness and valve or ATU

Software to do this will be a few thousand. APEX from
Deere I believe is 700. I use ADMS for my maps and that's a bit more with yearly update fees. Ag leader is well respected around here as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)