AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on Quick Books problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 10/2/2016 07:32 (#5559435 - in reply to #5556715)
Subject: RE: Update on Quick Books problem

Iowa
Since starting in the 80's, I've had a number of programs including my own written in basic for an Applelle for an independent study class, an early one from Redwing, and later a short stint with Quickbooks. For the last 11 years I've used my own Excel spreadsheet and like it the best by far. At this point, it's a macro enabled workbook with several sheets tied together. I like it because it because it's something I made to do exactly what I want. The whole process from building the spreadsheet to using double entry accounting principles that really work within the basic accounting equation and produce meaningful reports is something I enjoy. It's sort of like the satisfaction one gets from building something in the shop, taking it to the field, and having it work exactly as intended year after year. The freedom to do your own thing is something I enjoy about farming in general, but the things I do are not a good fit for everyone. Although I've never used it, PC Mars has been around for a long time, is geared towards family farms, and seems to be well liked by those I know using the software.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)