AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dropbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

de_hokie_farmer
Posted 9/20/2016 15:47 (#5539686 - in reply to #5537468)
Subject: RE: Dropbox

Delaware
I use Dropbox for my work files and love it for several reasons, but to answer your questions about your kid mashing buttons and deleting files, yes it would delete them across the board on any device that has your Dropbox account, but with Dropbox for Business, you have unlimited version history recovery (you can tell Dropbox to go back 6 months and retrieve files from then and it will do it). With a regular Dropbox account that you pay $100/year for, I believe you can only go back 30 days.

But it's the best and most easily accessible backup data system that I have found. The only problem is that if you have multiple users, you have to be careful and make sure two users aren't accessing the same file, as I think Dropbox only saves the most recent version (if User 1 and User 2 both access an Excel file Tuesday afternoon, and User 1 saves it at 10:00 pm Tuesday and User 2 saves it at 6:00 am Wednesday, Dropbox will overwrite User 1's 10:00 pm Tuesday version with User 2's 6:00 am Wednesday version).

Got a little off-track but I hope my info helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)