AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dropbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 9/15/2016 19:16 (#5530754)
Subject: Dropbox

Texas
I have a Dropbox pro account I use for sharing large files with others in the course of my business. It works great for that. This is all I currently use it for and I have a ton of available storage left.

My work is very computer intensive and I have lots of files I use regularly that would literally cost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to replace if lost. I have my laptop backing up automatically to backblaze, and I have it cloning to an external hard drive nightly at home and cloning to a separate external hard drive at the office during the day.

I feel pretty comfortable with this but what if instead of putting my important folders just on my hard drive on my laptop I put them all in my Dropbox folder? This would be another backup and would give me access to them anywhere which would be a plus but I worry about something happening or doing something wrong on Dropbox and accidentally deleting them from my computer. Does it work that way? By that I mean if my five year old had my phone playing games and opened up Dropbox and started mashing buttons could he delete files from the Dropbox app and then they would disappear from my laptop also? Or could my fat fingers push the wrong thing on the phone and delete files from the computer? I don't fully understand how it works.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)