AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dropbox
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hillbilly Techie
Posted 9/15/2016 21:14 (#5531085 - in reply to #5530754)
Subject: RE: Dropbox

If actually cloning your hdd is what your doing, then your not doing it very efficiently, here is what I do, decide for yourself if this is something that you could implement, I have my files all very organized under two main folders, one called Archive the second My Files, the archive contains older documents and pictures from the past that I only need sparingly, my files contains my documents, pics, and all other everyday stuff, these are synchronized with a NAS network backup drive under that pc's name, the NAS is synchronized with a external hdd(giving me 3 copies of everything) all this can then be synchronized with your online backup, the external hdd is manually plugged in and the process is manually run, that way I can look over things quick like before sync takes place! All this is done with a free program called FREE FILE SYNC, with the sync method set at update, look at some YouTube tutorials on this piece of software. Get comfortable with it before you use it!

Ps. A hdd clone only need to take place about weekly, or before and after major changes or major updates, even then I would create a system image in place of a clone because the clone will need its own hdd where you can store several images from several different machines or states of your machines on a single drive, and these can be synced to local backups, not sure you want to sync images to cloud because they are massive. Images are created with Macrium Reflect Free.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)