AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wifi from house to shop ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 8/8/2016 23:03 (#5458673 - in reply to #5458613)
Subject: RE: watching nt

Texas
golfnut - 8/8/2016 22:25

Drilldo - 8/8/2016 22:19 I keep reading about this stuff but am confused. My shop is a metal building and is less than 100' from house. My wireless router sits right by a window that faces the shop. I have full wireless strength standing outside my shop but the metal building blocks it on the inside. I want to have a separate wireless router inside the shop. How do I get signal to it? Do I need two of these ubiquiti things or would one mounted outside the wall of the shop pick up the signal from the existing house router and then I could drill a hole in the shop wall and plug it into a wireless router inside the shop? The distance isn't far and no obstructions it is just the metal building that kills it once inside. Running an Ethernet cable out there has been a thought but it would involve going under about 30' of concrete so something wireless is preferred.

In your situation you could get by with one Nanostation Loco M2 on the shop and pair with with an AirGateway Pro on the inside for wireless.  In a perfect wireless world you'd do a Point-to-Point link with two radios (you still could if you wanted to) but it probably wouldn't gain you anything.

Running ethernet between buildings can be problematic.  I don't fully understand it but the electronics are very sensitive and buildings and different ground points cause things to fail. 

Thanks. Just ordered both those items off of Amazon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)