AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine chopper vs no chopper question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

blowsand
Posted 7/25/2016 20:25 (#5432279 - in reply to #5432006)
Subject: RE: Combine chopper vs no chopper question

mercer county, il
our 1440 does not have a chopper, in irrigated green stemmed beans It would make a mess

first tried interrupters, loved them for corn, were not impressed with them in green stemmed beans, but worked great otherwise

we tried a shark tooth grate I think they called it, just seemed to constipate the rotor right there in green stuff, worked good everywhere else, in dry stuff it looked like a chopper was in the combine

ended up doing some careful engineering with the help of Budweiser, and came up with a solution, I will try to explain it quickly if you need more info or pictures, shoot took an old slotted grate, and mounted chromed rough cut 3in sickle sections in a helix that matches the flow of the vane transport, I think there are three ranks, and there is some offset between the ends of the sickles. the best part is that you can add/remove/change sections standing on the ground, leaving the grate in the combine.

I know I probably like it because it is my own creation, but I like the larger residue because it seems to not run off hills/pile up where water ponds) but still does not snag on tillage tools or toolbars, and seems to spread more evenly

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)