AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching a Kinze branded Integra back to Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 5/27/2016 12:50 (#5323459 - in reply to #5323385)
Subject: RE: Switching a Kinze branded Integra back to Ag Leader

Missouri
bpeelen - 5/27/2016 10:59

All the Ag Leader manuals have a large section about the Kinze PMM as well. In the latest manual it starts on page 207. At least 90% of that Kinze manual is cut and paste the Ag Leader manual, maybe more.

It's not cut/paste. It's the exact same file. The only thing different is the filename

http://www.kinze.com/filesimages/manuals/M0239_Integra_Rev.%20L.pdf

You can't compare them directly, as the one on the Kinze site is the manual for Integra firmware v5.2, while the one on Ag Leader's website is current. I have an old copy of the Rev. L manual (firmware v5.2) from Ag Leader's website, and it's the same file right down to file size bytes. I suppose I could md5sum the files to prove they're identical, but I don't like to beat dead horses.

Back in the day when Kinze sold a "Vision" display, which was an Insight with Kinze's brand on it, I think they may have had their own manual, but since they've had the Integra, it's the same manual. If you buy a new planter that comes with an Integra, the manual it comes with is just a bigger 3 ring binder than before, and the Integra manual is added into it in addition to the planter operator and parts manuals.

I suppose it could have eliminated confusion to strip the manual down to only the portions concerning planting with a PMM, but that would be a disservice to any operators who wanted to use their Integra to it's fullest potential (It really is so much more than just a planter monitor/controller).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)