AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching a Kinze branded Integra back to Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 5/27/2016 06:43 (#5322861 - in reply to #5322274)
Subject: RE: Switching a Kinze branded Integra back to Ag Leader

Missouri
Which manual, on which website?

The Integra manual I find on the Kinze website is M0239, Rev. L, which is a Kinze manual number, but the content of that manual is identical down to the last byte to Ag Leader manual 4002083-ENG_L_OM_INT_display which is the Rev. L version of the Integra manual. I think it's pretty clear Kinze just reposted the original manual of 3rd party electronics that they are using. They could have edited down the manual to contain only the functions that pertain to Kinze planters, but in doing so they would be doing a disservice to customers who would then seek to use that integra for other things. I've installed a lot of auto-steering, yield monitoring, and liquid product control systems because "the Integra came with the planter. Since I've got it, I may as well use it for other things".

I haven't run every page of that manual, but I believe you without doubt there are pages in there showing the advanced seed monitoring function. There are also pages in there showing yield monitoring, dry product application control, liquid product application control, and autosteering; all of which are functions the display is capable of when equipped with the required hardware, and that hardware is not available through Kinze either.

If you bought that planter expecting it to have that feature, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but I'm sure it was no more than that. Your salesman should have made it clear to you what features the machine does and does not have, but as complicated as modern precision ag tech has gotten, it is not difficult to get confused on these details. I'm in this up to my neck everyday, and often times still have to reference a manual to give accurate answers on the differences from one system to another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)