AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spring calf vaccination $ /head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JPT
Posted 5/12/2016 16:47 (#5297636 - in reply to #5297531)
Subject: RE: Spring calf vaccination $ /head

Yes that is why I made that statement. I admit there is and has been varying opinions on the matter. The ones I have lost were around the five or six month age and were vaccinated at one month of age with vision 7. I noticed several calves limping one day in July or so, next morning I had three calves with four feet in the air. I lost two more before it was all said and done. I normally wait till they're a little older before vaccination but I was in a hurry that year I guess. Grandpa use to tell me they needed to be a couple of months old before the blackleg vaccine would be effective. Grandpa also said you can get by not vaccinating a lot of years and then conditions will be just right and the blackleg will hit. This is one of the experiences that created one of my motto's that is my signature below. In other words, unless you know what you're doing........you better do it the way dad/grandpa said too...or you may just fall on your face. Not that there aren't better ways of doing things, just be cautious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)